October 2023 Food Pairing
October 2023 Wine Club Release and Food pairing
Our October Club Release included a bottle of the newly released 2021 Zinfandel! Aged in 60% new French oak, this wine has wonderful aromas of vanilla and carmel, but retains the delicious fruit forward quality of a great California zinfandel. For this pairing Kimari came up with BBQ Ribs over mashed potatoes, and it was a hit! The sweet smokiness of the ribs worked so well with the toasted oak and blackberry of the Zinfandel. The best part? This recipe came from owner and winemaker Sam Patterson's own grandmother! She shared it with Kimari, who says it is one of the easiest ways to cook ribs, and it always turns out great! Check out the recipe below and make this at home with your own bottle of 2021 Zinfandel!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup garlic salt
- 1/3 cup onion salt
- ½ cup paprika
- 2 TBS chili powder
- 1 Tbs cayenne
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp pepper
Baby Back Ribs
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Generously rub ribs and let them come to room temperature.
- Fill pan with ½ inch of water, place in ribs and cover tightly with foil.
- Cook for 2 hours. Make sure to check that there is still liquid in the pan. Add more accordingly.
- Brush on favorite BBQ sauce as they come out of the oven and serve!